COVID-19 Related Policies
Here at The Inn at Onancock we are committed to making your experience with us relaxing, enjoyable, healthy, and safe. We have always maintained an incredibly high standard of cleanliness and now we have incorporated further safety and sanitation procedures in response to Covid-19. We ask that all guests comply so that we can keep everyone as protected as possible.
Please understand that the Inn is also our home. To ensure the safety of us all, we ask that you stay home if you or someone in your party feel sick or may possibly have been exposed to Covid-19. We will be happy to move your reservation to a different date with no penalty or change fee. Similarly, we reserve the right to refuse service or to ask guests to leave if we feel that they exhibit signs of sickness upon arrival or at any time during their stay. In that event, we will offer full credit for any unused portion of the reservation toward a future stay. We also understand that guests may not feel comfortable risking travel at this time and may wish to cancel their reservation. Again, we will be happy to extend full credit toward a future stay with us.
Knowing that they are subject to frequent change, to the best of our ability we will follow state and CDC guidelines for Covid-19. For the time being, you can expect the following:
- We have limited reservations per day and will allow 24 hours before allowing that room to be reserved again.
- Your use of PPE in common areas should be sensitive to other guests, when applicable, and follow guidelines for public spaces.
- In addition to our usual hand soap, we have provided hand sanitizer in all guest rooms and common areas.
- We will frequently disinfect common use items such as doorknobs, hand rails, light switches, etc.
- We will continue our personalized tray service outside your room at 7:30 a.m. each morning.
- If you are the only guests at the Inn, you will still start breakfast with a buffet of fresh fruit, yogurt and granola, accompanied by fresh baked goods. When other guests are present, individual servings take the place of the fruit and granola buffet. All food is prepared in house by Kim who is ServSafe certified.
- We will maintain physical distancing during breakfast and our Wine Down Hour.
- We ask that you do not eat meals in your room.
As much as we enjoy children, the Inn does not accept children under 12 as guests.
We have one room only, the Maine Room, that allows up to two well-behaved dogs. There is a fee of $65 per stay per dog and you authorize the Inn to charge the credit card on file for an estimate to repair any damage, including linens and bedding.
Add $65 for each dog room rate.
Please try to arrange for your arrival no earlier than 4:00 p.m. If you arrive early, feel free to park here at the Inn and experience the town of Onancock. Wine Down Hour begins at 5:30 and we hope you can join us. If that is not possible, please let us know so that we can plan accordingly.
Please call us at 757-789-7711 if your travel plans require late check-in (after 6PM). There is a modest fee for check-in after 9PM.
Check-out time is 11:00 a.m. You are welcome to leave car here at the Inn for your last day in the area.
LOW SEASON CANCELLATION:
(January through April, and December)
A minimum $25 charge applies to all cancellations regardless of the cancellation date.
– If you cancel one week or more prior to your arrival date, there is no additional cancellation fee.
– If you cancel less than one week prior to your arrival and do not rebook an alternate arrival date, you will be charged 25% of the total reservation.
– If you cancel less than 24 hours in advance of your arrival you will be charged in full for the first cancelled night; if you do not rebook an alternate arrival date, you also will be charged 50% of the published room rate for all remaining nights of the reservation.
– There is no refund for an early departure.
HIGH SEASON CANCELLATION POLICY:
(May through November)
A minimum $100 charge applies to all cancellations regardless of the cancellation date.
– If you cancel one month or more prior to your arrival date, there is no additional cancellation fee.
– If you cancel less than one month prior to your arrival and do not rebook an alternate arrival date during high season, you will be charged 50% of the total reservation.
– If you cancel less than 2 weeks prior to your arrival, your reservation is non-refundable and you will be charged in full for the total reservation.
– There is no refund for an early departure.